First day of school.
We would like to welcome all our boys and girls back to St Colmans and hope everyone had a lovely summer break. A special welcome to those children who are starting St Colmans for the first time along with our new Principal Mr Baine. We wish Mr Baine every happiness and success in the years ahead.
Mr. Baine's First Assembly
During the assembly Mr. Baine presented children from each class with a
'Pupil of the Week'
certificate awarded to those who have excelled in some aspect of school life.
One of the highlights of the assembly was the performance, by Mrs. Mc Clements class, of the poem "SUMMER GOES". (click here to see more)
BACK TO SCHOOL SEPTEMBER 2016
Details of class changes for September 2016
Miss O'Prey's P1 class will go to Mrs Phoenix for P2
Miss McAreavey's P1 class will go to Mrs Robinson for P2
Mrs Monaghan's P2 class will go to Miss Haughey for P3
Mrs Phoenix's P2 class will go to Mrs McDonnell for P3
Mrs Robinson's P3 class will go to Mr Kernan for P4
Mrs McDonnell's P3 class will go Mrs Monaghan for P4
Mr Kernan's P4 class will go to Miss Cunningham for P5
Mr Crouch's P4 class will go to Mrs McClements for P5
Miss Cunningham's P5 class will go to Mrs McGrath for P6
Mrs McClements P5 class will go to Mrs Toland for P6
Mrs Tandy's P6 class will remain with teacher for P7
Miss Gallen's P6 class will remain with teacher for P7
Mr Crouch will be the teacher for MLD1
Mr McCambridge will be the teacher for MLD2
Miss O' Prey & Miss McAreavey will be the teachers for our new P1 pupils
School will start back on Thursday 1st September at 9.00am (normal day).
School breakfast club and dinners will be available.
School buses will operate on Thursday 1st September MORNING AND 3.00PM BUSES
(barry's bus and the school bus) .
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL NO LONGER BE A 2PM BUS.
THIS IS DUE TO DROP IN NUMBERS USING THE 2PM BUS AND IT IS
NO LONGER VIABLE FOR ULSTERBUS TO PROVIDE THIS SERVICE.
In memory of our esteemed colleague Éamonn Ó Faogáin who passed away suddenly June 22nd 2016.
He will be greatly missed by us all.
P7 children received their Cycling Proficiency Certificates. Well Done Everyone.
The P5/P6 Soccer Team are Lisburn Schools 5 a-side Champions! Well Done Boys. Great Team Work.
Primary 7 children completed Lisburns Annual Schools Swimming Gala 2016. Everyone worked brilliantly as a team. Well Done Everyone!
Primary 7 had a wonderful time on their end of term trip to Castlewellan Forest Park.
St Colman's Primary School Inspection Report is now available for everyone to view at www.etini.gov.uk
We are very grateful to St Colman's Afterschool for donating the bright colourful Buddy Bench for us to use in our playground. Our pupils are really enjoying having the use of the bench.
This is one child's description of the Buddy Bench. "When someone feels lonely or have nobody to play with, they sit there and people ask them to play. When I was new I sat there and someone came to me and asked me to play. I felt happy. And now when I see children on it I ask them to play with me........ We all do."
The Paddy Wallace Fund for Autism launched the Buddy Bench initiative in N.Ireland in February. Paddy Wallace is an Ireland and Ulster Rugby Star.
Some members from the Afterschool Committee presenting Mr McVeigh with the Buddy Bench for our school.
Andrea from Island Arts Centre came to St Colman's to help Mrs Mc Grath's class make ceramic characters from Roald Dahl's book Boy.
We made Mrs Pratchett, Captain Hardcastle and Mr Coombes.
Our Finished Characters. Can you guess which characters we made?
Congratulations to the P7 soccer team who got through to the league final. The girls were a credit to our school and should be very proud of themselves.
Well Done to Robyn Murray who won
Player of the Tournament
St Colman's Celebrate WORLD BOOK DAY 2016
Our parents came into school to share stories with us in Primary 1.
Primary one visit the Gruffalo
P.1 went on their first school trip to Colin Glen Forest Park. We had a great time meeting all the characters from the story and loved seeing where the Gruffalo lived! Everyone had a great time.
St. Colman's Gardening Club
Mr. McVeigh was joined at the outdoor classroom by a group of P2 and P3 pupils for the first meeting of the school's Gardening Club.
The children were shown plants and leaves that make up some of their favourite food. They also tasted a leaf used to make 'chewing gum'.
The club will continue each Friday, throughout the year, and for different classes. This is just one benefit of the outdoor classroom.
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 38 FRIDAY 20TH MAY 2016
- Details on Sports Day, school closure over the spring bank holiday and so much more.... Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 37 FRIDAY 13TH MAY 2016
- First Communion notices, staff development day details and so much more. Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 32 FRIDAY 8TH APRIL
- Details of Mr McVeigh's retirement function, Trocaire fundraising total and so much more... Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 24 FRIDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2016
- Details of school closures for mid term break Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 21 FRIDAY 22ND JANUARY 2016
- Important information regarding arrangements for Confirmation and EARLY CLOSING on Tuesday 26th January at 1.00pm plus so much more... Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 14 FRIDAY 4TH DECEMBER 2015
- Christmas Bazaar on Sunday 6th December from 1-4pm, details on Christmas concerts and so much more Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 12 FRIDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
- Details of Breakfast Club, Parents Association notices and how to view our inspection report Read More
- Friday Note - week 5
- Test Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 4 - FRIDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2015
- Download our latest Friday note Read More
- FRIDAY NOTE WEEK 3 - FRIDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2015
- Download our latest Friday note Read More